Sunday 13 February 2011

What an interesting weekend.
Yesterday I woke up and jumped on the tube with no intentions.
Such a sunny day, "Summer" is here, yet summer is so far away. In London in "Summer", where that first fragment of sunshine breaks through the clouds, when the temperature rises to about 3 degrees, everybody takes their clothes off and squeezes as much as they can out of that post winter sun. I saw a guy who was slightly more sensible though, he was wearing just the one flip flop, the other foot with a boot. On another note, I saw an old man trying to pick up a Costa paper cup up with a broom and a spade. I do love people.

I ended up walking from Notting Hill to Kensington, window shopping at all the arty shops. I wish I had money to buy pointless "meaningful" art.

I also searched for the Kensington All Saints for about an hour, finally realising that it closed down last year. After that disappointment I got a train to Westfield and failed at shopping.

I then went out for a meal and a pint of shandy at the local golf club which was nice. Typical pub food.

Then, I went to a house party in East London which was fun (I think) after a pub crawl for a friends birthday for a few hours.

This was before the drinks started flowing.

Today, I woke up with a killer headache and a loss of life. I got the train home, showered and then met up with somebody who I didn't expect to meet up with. Thank you. I will take your very well formulated advice. The hugs were a bonus.

Patrick is back:


Wolf is a hero.

2 comments: